Looking for an alternative to that chocolate chip cookie that you are eyeing off to have with your cup of coffee? Well, here's a healthy alternative! Gluten free and delicious, and great for school or work lunches as a snack.
What you need:
- 1 & 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raisins - chopped
- 2 Tbs coconut butter/oil
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or honey
- rind of 1 orange - finely grated
- 1 egg
Here's how you put it all together:
- If you haven't already, head to the Grow Eat Run Facebook page and like it!
- Preheat the oven to 180deg C (360 deg F)
- Mix the almond meal, baking powder and raisins in a bowl. It's important that you mix this together and the raisins get a good coat of flour - this way they won't sink to the bottom of the cookie when you bake it.
- Melt the coconut butter/oil (usually 20 seconds in the microwave will do)
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, then add the agave syrup/honey, orange rind and melted coconut butter/oil
- Mix the egg mixture into the almond meal mix and stir. Don't freak out if the mixture is quite wet.
- Spoon the mixture on to a baking tray lined with baking paper/grease proof paper in 12 (or close to it) little mounds
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes - keep an eye on it after 10 minutes and take out of the oven when the tops are golden and they are still a little soft to the touch.
- Let them cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before you indulge in the raisin cookie goodness!