We have a new website!
For lots more recipes please visit www.groweatrun.com.au
Well, the masses have spoken! And to celebrate cracking the monumental amount of 500 likes on Facebook for Grow Eat Run we're sending this recipe out with a massive thanks and hoping that this little part of our lives (that is quickly becoming a large part...) is in some way helping you guys along the way out there! These are choc full of natural protein, healthy fats and low GI carbs. They are a perfect pre or post work out chomp and even better as a healthy 3pm hunger buster along side a long black with coconut oil or a cuppa tea with almond milk. These are 100% paleo and for those in The Zone, this makes up exactly three 2 block snacks. This makes 12 cupcake sized muffins.
What you need
- 1 and a 1/2 scoops of coconut 180nutrition (or your favourite protein powder)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large banana - mashed
- 1 and a 1/2 cups water
How to do it
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C
- Mix the coconut 180nutrition, coconut flour and baking powder together in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together with the banana and water.
- Mix the whisked eggs, banana and water into the dry ingredients to form a mixture that will "sit up" in a muffin tray
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, evenly distribute the mixture among 12 muffins tray. The silicon muffin trays work amazing and are non stick. If you're muffin tray sticks a little you might like to use some cup cake papers to stop the muffins sticking to the tray.
- Bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown on top and cooked through (it's a good idea to have a little peek-a-boo after 15mins just to see how they are)
- Let them sit in the muffin tray for at least 5 minutes and then turn on to a cooling tray, then stand back and drool until they are cool enough to devour!