This doesn't take any expertise in the kitchen at all! It's a basic chop, mix, bake, eat. Packed full of goodies it's a perfect snack to take with you to work and eat instead of a chocolate bar when the 3.00pm snack attack creeps up.
What you need:
- 3 cups mixed nuts (you could use almonds, walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, cashews or macadamias)
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cranberries or goji berries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 vanilla been (seeds)
- 1/2 chia seeds
- 1/4 cacao powder
- 1/4 cacao nibs
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Soak the cranberries in the orange juice.
- Preheat the oven to 180deg C.
- Using a food processor chop the nuts, sunflower seeds and pepita seeds and blitz until they are roughly chopped.
- In a bowl, mix the nuts and seeds with the chia seeds, lemon zest, cacao powder, cacao nibs, vanilla seeds, agave syrup, cranberries and orange juice and stir together to combine the mixture.
- Line a tray with baking paper and press the mixture down into the tray until you have a firm slice.
- Bake for 15 minutes and remove from the oven to cool.