Oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper - if I close my eyes I can imagine I'm back on a Greek Island, lying on a beach watching the sunset with some dinner and a mojito!
Now back to reality...............
I've always had the lemon and oregano flavouring on potatoes but I've substituted them for the healthier version - sweet potatoes and with a salad and some grilled chicken. This is a dinner you won't say no to. (Serves 2)
What you need
- 1 chicken breast (sliced lengthways)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 sweet potatoes (cut into large chunks)
- salt and pepper
- 2 capsicums (peppers) (sliced finely)
- 1/2 red onion (sliced finely)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped roughly)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
How to put it together
- Preheat and oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the juice of 1 lemon, the oregano, and salt and pepper together in a bowl and coat the sweet potatoes.
- Place the sweet potatoes on an oven tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Three quarters of the way through the cooking (at 15 minutes) turn the sweet potatoes over and squeeze the juice of one half of a lemon over them.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, in a bowl mix the capsicums, red onion, parsley, and cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl whisk the juice of half a lemon and olive oil and minced garlic together then add to the salad and mix through. Salad done!
- On a hotplate grill the chicken, the first side will need 4-5 minutes, then turn over and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Serve the chicken breast with some sweet potatoes and salad and sit back, relax and pretend you're on Ios, Paros or Santorini!