I'm not talking about the Melbourne Cricket Club, I'm talking about three incredible ingredients: MANGO, CHICKEN and COCONUT! Ok, so this salad was so good - it gets a big picture. You know those times when you don't want a meal to end - this was it for me. It was like I was saying a huge hello to summer but in the healthiest way! For those of you entering the winter months, there's no reason that you can't whip this up for dinner too and used canned mango and serve the cauliflower rice and chicken hot. I was a little bit of a sceptic when I started using cauliflower as 'rice' but now I'm sold. For those of you new to cauliflower, it is full of fibre, folate and vitamin C - most importantly for the gentleman, it has been linked to reducing the risk of aggressive prostate cancer. Mangoes will give you a good dose of vitamin And the chicken takes care of your protein needs. You eat this meal and it's healthy, filling, nutritious, full of GOOD fats in the coconut milk and almonds and screams fresh and bold flavours.
The MCC = MANGO CHICKEN COCONUT
Serves two - but if you need more just multiply the recipe!
What you need
- 1/2 Cauliflower (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 Chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 Chicken Breast (sliced)
- 1 Mango (diced)
- 2 tablespoon Mint Leaves (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Milk
What to do
- Blitz the cauliflower in the food processor or if you don't have one cut this up very finely.
- In a fry pan toast the roughly chopped almonds. This should only take 2-3 minutes, then put them aside
- Toss the chicken pieces with the zest of 1 lime (grated), the ginger and chilli
- In a saucepan add the cauliflower rice cover with water. Bring the cauliflower to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk and the juice of 1/2 a lime to the cauliflower, stir and then put in the refrigerator to cool (this can be done ahead of time if you're organised!)
- In a fry pan add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the pan and then add the chicken. You want the chicken to be golden on both sides, this should take 2-3 minutes each side.
- Put it all together! First, you want a bed of the cauliflower rice, topped with the chicken, then the mango, toasted almonds and finally the mint.
I really hope you love this salad as much as I did - it is now a staple on the menu at home! If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them and feel free to write them below or leave me a message on the Grow Eat Run Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/GrowEatRun)